US-based financial services firm Morgan Stanley has reported that it raised USD 125 million for its recently launched Private Markets Fund Integro Fund I, the firm’s first “global impact fund,” which will be managed by Alternative Investment Partners (AIP) Private Markets, Morgan Stanley’s private equity arm.
The fund will invest primarily in efforts to combat climate change and increase access to jobs, education and healthcare in low- and middle-income countries. The Institute for Sustainable Investing, Morgan Stanley’s impact investing research unit, will provide support to the fund.
To invest via AIP Private Markets, an investor must have assets of USD 50 million.
Headquartered in the city of New York, Morgan Stanley operates in 42 countries. It was established in 1935 and focuses on wealth management, institutional securities and investment management. As of December 2016, it reported total assets of USD 814 billion, total equity of USD 77 billion and net annual income of USD 6.1 billion.
By Jacob O’Driscoll & Christian Chartier, Research Associates
Sources and Additional Resources
Morgan Stanley Investment Management Raises More Than $125 Million for
its First Global Impact Fund
Morgan Stanley 2016 10-K Report
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor
newspaper each month? Find out more at http://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Morgan Stanley, Economist Intelligence Unit Release “Inclusive Growth Opportunities Index” Ranking 20 Countries on Impact Investing Potential
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network’s (GIIN’s) Scaling Impact Investing: A Conversation Among Senior Leaders; September 18, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) Investor Forum, December 7-8, 2016, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) Investor Forum 2016, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, December 7 – 8
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Impact Investing Conference: Addressing Climate Change and Social Development; April 26, 2017; Kirchberg, Luxembourg