A new program called Microinsurance Master is offering two weeks of training at Pioneer Microinsurance, a Philippines-based firm with 18 million customers, followed by eight weeks of remote coaching intended to help participants “focus on client-centric solutions that reduce the vulnerability of low-income people and make your business thrive.” Program partners include the Impact Insurance Facility of the UN’s International Labour Organization and CGAP (the Consultative Group to Assist the Poor), a nonprofit research center seeking to expand financial services in poor regions. The organizers hope to repeat the program in future years with other on-site partners.
The fee to attend is USD 10,650, including hotel accommodations and some meals. You may contact the organizers via email, Skype or WhatsApp.
Sources and additional resources
Frequently asked questions about Microinsurance Master
International Labour Organization
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Munich Re Foundation, Microinsurance Network, APESEG to Host 13th International Microinsurance Conference, November 7-9, 2017, Lima, Peru
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Making Finance Work for Women Summit; October 24-25, 2017; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Mobile Insurance Conference; February 23 – 24, 2017; Douala, Cameroon; Organized by IAIS, A2ii and CIMA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Mobile World Conference 2018; February 26 – March 1, 2018; Barcelona, Spain
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Harvard Business School (HBS)-Accion Program on Strategic Leadership in Inclusive Finance; March 25 – 30, 2018; Boston, Massachusetts, USA