During July and August, Italy’s MicroFinanza Rating (MFR) issued five microfinance institutional ratings. Morocco’s Attadamoune Micro-Finance was assigned the grade B+ with a stable outlook. Ecuador’s Fundación Espoir and Albania’s FED Invest both earned grades of BB with stable outlooks. Two institutions earned grades of BBB-: Credicampo of El Salvador with an outlook “under observation” and Asociación Promujer de México, which was assigned the grade BBB- and a negative outlook.
MFR also issued the following social ratings: a grade of A to India’s Annapurna Microfinance, A- to Kenya Women Microfinance Bank, and grades of B+ to both Namibia’s Trustco Finance and Microcred Banque Madagascar.
Lastly, evaluations conducted by MFR qualified Kazakhstan’s Asian Credit Fund, FINCA Bank Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan’s Khushhali Microfinance Bank and Pro Mujer Bolivia to obtain Client Protection Certification from the Smart Campaign of US-based Accion’s Center for Financial Inclusion.
Asociación Promujer de México and Pro Mujer Bolivia are affiliates of the US-based Pro Mujer International. Microcred Banque Madagascar is a unit of the Microcred Group of France. FINCA Bank Kyrgyzstan is an affiliate of the US-based Foundation for International Community Assistance (FINCA International).
By The MicroCapital Team
Sources and Additional Resources
Information provided directly to MicroCapital by Microfinanza Rating.
Kenya Women Microfinance Bank
Asian Credit Fund
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MicroFinanza Rating Issues 8 Institutional, Social, Client-protection Credentials to Microfinance Institutions in Asia, Latin America
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MicroFinanza Rating Issues 5 Institutional, Social Credentials to Microfinance Institutions in Ecuador, Mexico, Palestine, Rwanda
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MicroFinanza Rating Issues 27 Rating Updates, New Reports for Microfinance Institutions in the Philippines, Latin America
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Opportunity International EduFinance, FINCA Microfinance Bank Nigeria to Offer Education Loans to Students’ Families, Schools
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MicroFinanza Rating Announces Client Protection Certifications, Ratings in Asia, LAC