During April 2017, Italy’s MicroFinanza Rating issued four microfinance institutional ratings. Two of these were to affiliates of French NGO Entrepreneurs du Monde: BB- with a stable outlook to Assilassimé Solidarité of Togo and CC “under observation” to Palmis Mikwofinans Sosyal of Haiti. The other two are BB+ with a stable outlook to Conserva of Mexico and BB+ with a positive outlook to Centro Financiero Empresarial (CFE) of Panama, an affiliate of Développement international Desjardins (DiD), which is a unit of Canada’s cooperative Desjardins Group. MicroFinanza also issued less comprehensive “credit ratings” ranging from AA to BB to seven Bolivian institutions.
Furthermore, Fundación Paraguaya and Guatemala’s Friendship Bridge earned “leader” designations under the Truelift framework for reducing poverty and measuring impact. Truelift, which has certified MicroFinanza to issue such “milestones,” operates in partnership with the Social Performance Task Force and the Smart Campaign of Accion’s Center for Financial Inclusion.
Sources and Additional Resources
Information provided directly to MicroCapital by MicroFinanza Rating.
Conserva’s MIX Market profile
Entrepreneurs du Monde
Palmis Mikwofinans Sosyal
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MicroFinanza Rating Issues 5 Institutional, Social Credentials to Microfinance Institutions in Ecuador, Mexico, Palestine, Rwanda
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MicroFinanza Rating Issues 27 Rating Updates, New Reports for Microfinance Institutions in the Philippines, Latin America
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MicroFinanza Rating Issues 8 Institutional, Social, Client-protection Credentials to Microfinance Institutions in Asia, Latin America
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Le Levier, Développement international Desjardins (DiD) Open Entrepreneur Financial Centre (EFC) Owned by Cooperatives in Grand Nord Region of Haiti
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MicroFinanza Rating Issues 13 Institutional, Social, Client-protection Credentials to Microfinance Institutions in Albania, Morocco, Namibia, Asia, Latin America