C-Quadrat Asset Management, an arm of Austrian fund manager C-Quadrat, recently informed MicroCapital that its Dual Return Vision Microfinance funds lent a total approximately equivalent to USD 10 million to unidentified microfinance institutions (MFIs) in Guatemala, India, Kazakhstan, Nicaragua and Sri Lanka during August.
One of the borrowers is a non-bank financial institution in Sri Lanka that provides group and individual loans to micro-, small and medium-sized enterprises in rural areas. The MFI also provides scholarships, builds bio gas plants and hosts financial literacy training.
As of August 2017, the combined assets under management of the Dual Return Vision Microfinance and Dual Return Vision Microfinance-Local Currency funds total USD 618 million. C-Quadrat manages assets equivalent to EUR 5.3 billion (USD 5.9 billion) as of 2016.
Sources and Additional Resources
Information provided directly to MicroCapital by C-Quadrat.
MicroCapital: Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Lend $10m During June
MicroCapital: Vision Microfinance Funds Loan $9m in Ecuador, Honduras
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at http://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Vision Microfinance Funds Loan $46m, Largely in Asia, Panama, Tanzania
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Loan $12.5 to MFIs in Latin America, Southeast Asia
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Lend $31m to MFIs in Asia, Latin America
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Expand Lending to Myanmar
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Loan $22m in Burkina Faso, China, Colombia, El Salvador, Paraguay, Sri Lanka