The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN), a nonprofit organization dedicated to increasing the effectiveness of investments intended to solve social and environmental problems, recently announced it launched an updated version of the Impact Reporting and Investment Standards (IRIS), a free tool intended to support the transparency, credibility and accountability of impact measurement. The updated version of the IRIS catalogue, known as IRIS 4.0, includes: a total of 559 metrics, of which 72 are newly added; enhanced guidance on using IRIS metrics; and a new component intended to increase reporting clarity and data consistency. IRIS 4.0 pulled on frameworks and metrics from other organizations to promote industry alignment, including: the Finance Alliance for Sustainable Trade (FAST), a nonprofit based in Canada whose objective is to scale up the quality and availability of SME finance; the Global Off-Grid Lighting Association (GOGLA), a non-profit promoting lighting solutions in developing and emerging markets; and the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), an international organisation helping business, governments and other organisations understand the interplay between business practices and sustainability issues.
GIIN’s Investor Council consists of approximately 60 impact investors as of 2016.
By Imke Herholdt, Research Associate
About the Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN)
The Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) is a nonprofit organization based in the US city of New York that is dedicated to increasing the effectiveness of impact investing, which it defines as for-profit investment intended to solve social and environmental problems. GIIN’s Investor Council consists of approximately 60 impact investors as of 2016.
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/pr oducts-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) Investor Forum, December 7-8, 2016, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) Investor Forum 2016, Amsterdam, the Netherlands, December 7 – 8
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network’s (GIIN’s) Scaling Impact Investing: A Conversation Among Senior Leaders; September 18, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Somalia Launches iRise Technology Innovation Hub to Support Youth Entrepreneurs
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Impact Investing Conference: Addressing Climate Change and Social Development; April 26, 2017; Kirchberg, Luxembourg