FINCA Armenia, a microfinance institution based in Yerevan, recently issued bonds worth USD 4 million and AMD 1.5 billion (USD 3 million) listed on the NASDAQ OMX Armenia stock exchange. The microlender provides business, rural and consumer loans as well as insurance services to 52,000 customers via 36 branches. It has total assets of USD 60 million and gross operating income of USD 10 million as of 2016. FINCA Armenia is an affiliate of the Foundation for International Community Assistance (FINCA International), a US-based network of microfinance institutions that serves approximately 2 million people in 23 countries. As of 2015, it reported total assets of USD 1.1 billion, with an operating loss of USD 2.8 million. It was founded in 1984 and has operated in Armenia since 1999.
By Sascha Strobl, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources:
FINCA International financial statement 2015:
MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: FINCA Case Studies Explore Relationship Between Food Security and Microfinance, Analyze Client Data Using World Bank’s Human Opportunity Index
MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Financiera FINCA Nicaragua Launches $10m Bond Offering to Expand Microfinance Lending
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: FINCA Nigeria Expands FINCA eXpress Agent Banking Service in Imo
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: FINCA Microfinance Bank of Tanzania Rolls Out HaloYako Mobile Savings Product
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Financiera FINCA Nicaragua Launches $10m Bond Offering to Expand Microfinance Lending
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MicroFinanza Rating Issues 8 Institutional, Social, Client-protection Credentials to Microfinance Institutions in Asia, Latin America
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: FINCA, First Access Partner in Africa on Alternative Credit Scoring, Incorporating Mobile Phone Usage