Microfinance and microcredit are wrought with usury. At the Global Microentrepreneurship Awards, Bangladeshi Finance and Planning Minister M. Saifur Rahman criticized microlenders for charging rates almost three times as much as the rates on loans microlenders receive from commercial banks.
Continue reading “Usurious Rates in Microcredit and Microfinance Abound åö A Thanksgiving Message on Righteous Investing”
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: India’s Microfinance Institutions Network (MFIN) Launches Financial Literacy App in 5 Languages
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Cambodian Microfinance Association Members Refusing to Charge Clients Value-added Tax
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Nepal Sets Microloan Interest Rate Maximum of 18%
- MICROFINANCE BRIEF: Ford Foundation to Invest $1b Over 10 Years in Mission-related Investments Such as Financial Services in Developing Countries, Affordable Housing in the US
- SPECIAL REPORT: Financing the Excluded: Innovations for Last Mile Financing in the Mekong