Registration opened today for African Microfinance Week, also known as Semaine Africaine de la Microfinance (SAM), which will focus on “Creating Value for SMEs.” The event, which will begin on October 9, 2017, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, will include research presentations, an Innovation Fair and an Investor’s Fair. Several initiatives will hold events in conjunction with SAM, including ADA, the Africa Board Fellowship, CGAP (the Consultative Group to Assist the Poor), Connexus, Microfact, the Risk Management Initiative in Microfinance, the Social Performance Task Force and the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization. More details on the agenda will be forthcoming soon.
Although the standard fee to attend is EUR 550, MicroCapital readers may enjoy a rate of EUR 500 until July 31 by citing the code ZSM38C. More details may be requested via Paulina Jawojsz at p.jawojsz[at]ada-microfinance.lu or +352 45 68 68 1.
The event is operated by ADA, a nonprofit organization in Luxembourg that was founded as Appui au Développement Autonome. ADA supports inclusive finance professionals in an effort to help the approximately 2.5 billion adults outside of the conventional financial system to reach their goals.
Three international networks are also partnering to produce SAM: Afraca, African Microfinance Transparency and the Microfinance African Institutions Network. The event is supported by Luxembourg Cooperation, an entity of the Luxembourgish government that funds small and medium-sized enterprises as part of its mission to foster international development.
This notice is part of a sponsored series on SAM, which ADA has engaged MicroCapital to promote and document.
Sources and Additional Resources
ADA: African Microfinance Week
MicroCapital Coverage of African Microfinance Week (SAM)
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- SPECIAL REPORT: Semaine Africaine de la Microfinance (SAM, also known as African Microfinance Week) Scheduled for October 9 – October 13, 2017, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 38th Midi de la Microfinance et de l’Inclusion Financière; March 8, 2017; Luxembourg
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Ethico Live! Presents Finnovation Africa 2017: A Powerful Purpose; April 7, 2017; Kampala, Uganda
- SPECIAL REPORT: Microfinance Investment Vehicles, MFIs “Speed Date” at SAM Investor’s Fair in Ethiopia
- SPECIAL REPORT: Saleh Usman Gashua of AFRACA on Creating Value for SMEs at SAM (Semaine Africaine de la Microfinance)