Event Name: Women’s Economic Empowerment Global Learning Forum
Event Date: May 23 – 25, 2017
Event Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Summary of Event: This event will offer stakeholders opportunities to discuss achieving “sustainable and scalable development outcomes for very poor and marginalized women.” Speakers will address constraints facing women in agricultural development, enterprise growth and inclusive finance.
Background on Organizers: This event is organized by the Women’s Economic Empowerment Working Group of the US-based nonprofit Small Enterprise Education and Promotion (SEEP) Network. The SEEP Network, which has members working in 170 countries as of 2016, addresses issues relating to financial services, market development, program evaluation and improving services for groups such as women and youth. Its Women’s Economic Empowerment Working Group seeks to “improve the ability of market systems and other inclusive economic development practitioners to facilitate inclusive, empowering and sustainable services to women across the globe.”
Cost: The fee to attend is USD 650, with a rate of USD 525 offered to SEEP members. After April 14, the fees increase by USD 100.
Event Website: https://weeforum2017.org
For additional information, you may contact the event organizers at WEEForum[at]seepnetwork.org or +1 202 534 1400.
By Phoebe Rorke
Sources and Additional Resources
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at:https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Small Enterprise Education and Promotion (SEEP) Network Annual Conference; October 2 – 4, 2017; Arlington, Virginia, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: SEEP Network Annual Conference, September 19-21, 2016, Arlington, Virginia, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Making Finance Work for Women Summit; October 24-25, 2017; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Association of Microfinance Institutions of Rwanda Rolls Out “Responsible Finance Through Local Leadership and Learning Program”
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Microfinance Pasifika’s Financial Inclusion Innovation Summit; August 29-31, 2017; Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea