Event Name: Second International Conference on Inclusive Islamic Financial Sector Development: Enhancing Financial Services for Regional Micro-enterprises
Event Date: October 9 – October 11, 2011
Event Location: Sudan Academy for Banking and Financial Sciences (SABFS), Khartoum, Sudan
See Our Comprehensive Event Calendar at: http://microfinanceassociation.ning.com/events
Cost: The cost to attend has not been released
Summary of Event:
The conference aims to analyze the challenges microenterprises face due to the limited availability of Islamic financial services and to explore how to develop such services and related infrastructure. The Sudan Academy for Banking and Financial Sciences (SABFS) and The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI) of Saudi Arabia are organizing the conference.
The themes of the papers to be presented in the conference are to include Islamic financial sector development policies and strategies; the sustainability of microenterprises; social enterprise development; technology; legal, tax, regulatory and policy frameworks; insurance; risk management and instruments, contracts and capital market financing for microenterprises.
For additional information, you may contact Dr Abd elrahman Elzahi Saaid Ali via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or Dr Ishraga Khattab via at email email@example.com, or you may telephone +249 0155144913 or +249 83771716.
Submit Your Event: http://microfinanceassociation.ning.com/events
By Ashim Kar, Research Associate
Source and additional resources:
“2nd International Conference on Inclusive Islamic Financial Sector Development: Enhancing Financial Services for Regional Micro-enterprises”, http://www.irti.org/irj/go/km/docs/documents/IDBDevelopments/Internet/English/IRTI/CM/downloads/CallforPapers.pdf
Knowledge-Driven International Development (KDID) news story, “2nd International Conference on Inclusive Islamic Financial Sector Development”, http://microlinks.kdid.org/events/2nd-international-conference-inclusive-islamic-financial-sector-development
Browse the MicroCapital Universe and add your entry to the wiki at https://www.microcapital.org/microfinanceuniverse/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Islamic Microfinance Summit, September 26-27, 2016, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 3rd African International Conference on Islamic Finance; October 16-17, 2017; Abuja, Nigeria
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Geodata for Inclusive Finance and Food; February 16, 2017; Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Executive Forum: Financial Inclusion and Islamic Finance, November 16-17, 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Akhuwat, AlHuda Center of Islamic Banking and Economics Hosting 7th Global Islamic Microfinance Forum; November 24-25, 2017; Istanbul, Turkey