Event Name: Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit 2015
Event Date: October 6 – 8, 2015
Event Location: Westin Crystal City Hotel, Arlington, Virginia, USA
Cost: The standard registration fee is USD 825. The cost for presenters is USD 615.
Summary of Event: This conference is intended to foster collaborative learning and action in order to “increase the impact, scale, and sustainability of youth economic opportunity programming.” The theme of this event is “Scale in Practice”, and participants will focus on how to advance youth economic inclusion on a global scale. Attendees will discuss challenges in youth microenterprise, such as workforce development, enterprise development, access to finance, gender-specific support and technology.
Background on Organizers: The event is organized by Making Cents International, a US-based nonprofit organization focused on building youth microenterprises and increasing youth employment. Making Cents partners with institutions in 50 countries, aiming to provide them with space to, share information on programs, methodologies, strategies and tools; network to build partnerships; gain new technical capacity; and help build the youth enterprise, employment and livelihoods development field.
The event website is available at http://www.youtheosummit.org/. For additional information, you may contact the organizers by phone at + 1 202 783 4090 or by email at summit[at]makingcents.com.
By Meredith Steih, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources:
 Making Cents International, “Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit 2015,”http://www.youtheosummit.org/
 Making Cents International, “Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit 2015 Registration,”http://www.youtheosummit.org/register
MicroCapital Universe Profile: Making Cents Internationalhttp://www.microcapital.org/microfinanceuniverse/tiki-index.php?page=Making+Cents+International
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Making Cents International Presents 2017 Global Youth Economic Opportunities Summit; September 27-29; Arlington, Virginia, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Women’s Economic Empowerment Global Learning Forum; May 23-25, 2017; Bangkok, Thailand
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Microfinance Pasifika’s Financial Inclusion Innovation Summit; August 29-31, 2017; Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Young Africa Works Summit; February 16 – 17, 2017; Kigali, Rwanda
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Making Finance Work for Women Summit; October 24-25, 2017; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania