Event Name: The Global Forum on Remittances, Investment and Development 2017
Event Date: June 15 – 16, 2017
Event Location: United Nations Headquarters, New York, New York, United States
Summary of Event: This two-day event will address ways to achieve the United Nations Goals for Sustainable Development through discussions of global governance, migrant investment and how to decrease the costs of money transfers.
Background on Organizers: The United Nations’ International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) and the World Bank are hosting the event.
– IFAD was established in 1977 as an outcome of the 1974 World Food Conference. It aims to eradicate rural poverty in developing countries. As of December 2015, it reported a portfolio valued at USD 13.8 billion with operations in 99 countries.
– As of 2016, WBG is comprised of 189 member nations with commitments of USD 60 billion to 12,700 loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses.
Cost: There is no fee to attend, but an invitation is required. You may request an invitation by emailing gfrid2017[at]ifad.org.
Event Website: https://www.ifad.org/web/events/gfrid2017
For additional information, you may contact the event organizers at gfrid2017[at]ifad.org or +1 212 963 1166.
By Phoebe Rorke, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
The World Bank Group
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network’s (GIIN’s) Scaling Impact Investing: A Conversation Among Senior Leaders; September 18, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 3rd African International Conference on Islamic Finance; October 16-17, 2017; Abuja, Nigeria
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: High Water Women’s 2017 Investing for Impact Symposium; November 30, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), Institut Européen d’Administration des Affaires (INSEAD) Present Impact Investment for Development Summit 2017; March 21-23; Yerevan, Armenia
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Impact Investing: Mainstreaming Purpose-Driven Finance; February 15, 2017; New York, USA