Event Name: Financial Inclusion and Islamic Finance
Event Dates: November 16-17, 2016
Event Location: Sasana Kijang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Cost: The standard fees to attend are USD 1,200 if registering by November 2, 2016, and USD 1,500 if registering after. Members of the Islamic Financial Services Board (IFSB) are offered a reduced rate of USD 1,000. For groups of three or more a fee reduction of 10 percent is offered.
Summary of event:
The theme of this event is “financial inclusion and Islamic finance: aligning objectives and methodologies.” It is hosted by the IFSB, a Malaysia-based standard-setting organization that issues guiding principles for banking, capital markets and the insurance sectors, and the International Centre for Education in Islamic Finance, a university also based in Malaysia and centered around the Islamic finance industry.
Event Website: http://www.ifsb.org/event_detail.php?e_id=283
For additional information, you may email Ida Shafinaz Ab. Malek at ida.shafinaz[at]ifsb.org or call +6 03 9195 1427.
By Petra Barbu, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
 Executive Forum: Financial Inclusion and Islamic Finance
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Akhuwat, AlHuda Center of Islamic Banking and Economics Hosting 7th Global Islamic Microfinance Forum; November 24-25, 2017; Istanbul, Turkey
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Symposium on Innovative Financial Inclusion, September 21-22, 2016, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Islamic Microfinance Summit, September 26-27, 2016, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: AlHuda CIBE, Akhuwat to Host Sixth Global Islamic Microfinance Forum, November 8-11, 2016, Nairobi, Kenya
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: AlHuda, Azerbaijan’s SER Agree to Promote Islamic Finance in the Caucasus