Event Name: 5th European Research Conference on Microfinance
Event Date: June 12 – June 14, 2017
Event Location: Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Cost: The full rate to attend the conference is GBP 150 (USD 188), but various discounts are available, including for those registering by April 18.
Summary of Event: Sessions will cover a range of topics, including strategy and management of microfinance institutions; responsible finance and client protection; gender issues; microfinance products and services (including digital financial services); policy and regulation; and the impact of microfinance.
Conference Organizers: The conference is organized by the Portsmouth Business School , which is located in the UK, in cooperation with the Luxembourg-based European Microfinance Platform (e-MFP)  and the Belgium-based Centre for European Research in Microfinance (CERMi) . The first European Research Conference on Microfinance was held in 2009 in Brussels, Belgium.
For additional information, you may contact Joana Afonso by phone at +44 2392 844005 or by email at microfinance_2017[at]port.ac.uk.
By James Packard
Sources and Additional Resources:
 The Portsmouth Business School, http://www.port.ac.uk/portsmouth-business-school/
 The European Microfinance Platform, www.e-mfp.eu/
 Centre for European Research in Microfinance, www.cermi.eu
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- SPECIAL REPORT: European Microfinance Week Scheduled for November 29 – December 1, 2017, in Luxembourg
- SPECIAL REPORT: 5 Days Left to Apply for 2017 European Microfinance Award on Housing
- SPECIAL REPORT: Application Period Open for $106k European Microfinance Award on Housing Until May 22
- SPECIAL REPORT: MFIs in Afghanistan, Peru, Mexico Shortlisted for $118k “Microfinance for Housing” Award
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: European Microfinance Platform (e-MFP) to Host European Microfinance Week, November 16-18, 2016, Luxembourg