Event Name: 38th Midi de la Microfinance et de l’Inclusion Financière
Event Date: March 8, 2017
Event Location: Banque de Luxembourg, 14 Boulevard Royal, Luxembourg
Summary of Event: This 38th “Midi,” which is titled “Entreprenante Afrique: The Age of SMEs” consists of a one-hour discussion on the role that investors can play in the development of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), which are “shaking up the economy and creating innovative start-ups, not only in the technology sector but also in the agri-food, building, healthcare, tourism and energy sectors” in Africa. The speakers are: (1) Jean-Michel Severino, who serves as President of Investisseurs & Partenaires (I&P), a France-based fund group that invests in Africa; and (2) Eric Campos, the Managing Director of the Luxembourg-based Grameen Crédit Agricole Microfinance Foundation. The discussion, which shall be conducted in French, will be followed by lunch.
Background on Organizers: This event is organized by ADA (formerly Appui au Développement Autonome), a Luxembourgish NGO that focuses on “green energy, jobs for young people, farm leasing, microinsurance and migrant savings.” The event is cofinanced by the Luxembourg Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs – Directorate for Development Cooperation and the Inclusive Finance Network Luxembourg in consultation with the Banque de Luxembourg and Belgium’s BRS.
Cost: There is no fee to attend, but registration is required.
Event Website: http://www.ada-microfinance.org/en/events/midis-microfinance
For additional information, you may contact the organizers at info[at]ada-microfinance.lu or +352 45 68 68 1.
By Phoebe Rorke
Sources and Additional Resources
Banque de Luxembourg
Grameen Credit Agricole Microfinance Foundation
Inclusive Finance Network Luxembourg
Luxembourg Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs – Directorate for Development Cooperation
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- SPECIAL REPORT: 5 Days Left to Apply for 2017 European Microfinance Award on Housing
- SPECIAL REPORT: African Microfinance Week (SAM) Registration Open for Sessions Starting October 9, 2017, in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- SPECIAL REPORT: Application Period Open for $106k European Microfinance Award on Housing Until May 22
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: European Microfinance Platform (e-MFP) to Host European Microfinance Week, November 16-18, 2016, Luxembourg
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Grameen Credit Agricole Microfinance Foundation Lends $840k to Mali’s Réseau de Micro-institutions de Croissance de Revenus (RMCR), Part for Microinsurance