C-Quadrat Asset Management recently informed MicroCapital that its Dual Return Vision Microfinance and Dual Return Vision Microfinance-Local Currency funds loaned a total approximately equivalent to USD 45 million during April to unidentified providers of financial services in a range of countries including Cambodia, Nicaragua and Tajikistan as well as – for the first time – Bangladesh.
For example, the Dual Return Vision Microfinance-Local Currency disbursed a cordoba-denominated loan equivalent to USD 1 million to a microfinance institution (MFI) in Nicaragua that primarily issues group loans to women. The MFI also provides health services and adheres to the Smart Campaign principles of the US-based Center for Financial Inclusion.
During the first four months of 2017, the USD retail tranche of the Dual Return Vision Microfinance-Local Currency fund earned a return of 4.66 percent. As of April 2017, the combined assets under management of the Dual Return funds total USD 538 million. C-Quadrat Asset Management is a unit of Austrian fund manager C-Quadrat, which manages assets equivalent to EUR 5.3 billion (USD 5.9 billion) as of 2016.
Sources and Additional Resources
Information provided directly to MicroCapital by C-Quadrat.
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Lend $31m to MFIs in Asia, Latin America
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MFIs in Asia, Central America Borrow $10m from C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Loan $18m in Eurasia, Latin America, Zambia
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: C-Quadrat’s Dual Return Vision Microfinance Funds Expand Lending to Myanmar
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: MFI in Bosnia and Herzegovina Borrows from Dual Return Vision Microfinance Fund