TriLinc Global Impact Fund (TriLinc) recently announced that it has approved the disbursal of USD 36.8 million to fund term loans and trade finance transactions for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). The term loans will be disbursed to 10 different companies with interest rates ranging from 7.5 percent to 13 percent. They will fund farming equipment and manufacturing facilities in Ecuador, Morocco, Namibia and South Africa. It is anticipated that the loans will allow the beneficiary SMEs to expand and create employment opportunities for low-income people. Additionally TriLinc will make trade finance facilities available to SMEs in South Africa and in the Republic of Mauritius with the aim of facilitating international commercial transactions. As of November 30, 2016, TriLinc’s financial commitments totaled USD 243.6 million in terms loans and trade finance in Africa, Latin America and Southeast Asia.
TriLinc Global Impact Fund (TriLinc) is a US-based private investment fund that invests in SMEs that it deems to “contribute positively” to socio-economic development in emerging economies. The company invests in SMEs primarily through collateralized debt instruments with the objective of offering “…investors the potential for market-rate financial returns with proof of positive, measurable impact.” The company was founded in 2008 and it is located in the US state of California.
By Phoebe Rorke, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
TriLinc Global Impact Fund:
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Alliance for Microfinance in Myanmar Raises $5m in Equity from BOPA, IFU, Insitor, Asia Impact Investment Fund
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Tala Raises $30m in Series B Equity from IVP, Ribbit Capital, Existing Investors to Expand Mobile Phone Microlending in Asia, Latin America
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Impact Investment Exchange (IIX) Preparing $8m Women’s Livelihood Bond Issue to Fund Microfinance, Vocational Training in Southeast Asia
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Fairtrade Access Fund Loans $750k to Colombia’s Cooperativa DelosAndes for Coffee Mill
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: 3rd Sankalp Southeast Asia Summit; September 19 – 20, 2017; Jakarta, Indonesia