Oikocredit, a Netherlands-based cooperative with financial inclusion, agriculture and renewable energy investments in 71 countries, announced yesterday that Thos Gieskes is taking the position of Managing Director of the organization as of April. David Woods vacated the position in 2016 after joining Oikocredit in 2012. Mr Gieskes has over a decade of experience at the Netherlands-based cooperative Rabobank, leading its operations in Chile and most recently in Australia and New Zealand.
As of 2017, Oikocredit reports total assets of EUR 1.1 billion (USD 1.2 billion) and 796 investees. Of its investments, 89 percent are in the form of loans, 80 percent support inclusive finance and 71 percent are placed in Latin America and Asia.
Mr Gieskes said, “I believe I can contribute to furthering this work based on my financial and international leadership experience and background as a development economist.”
Sources and Additional Resources
Oikocredit Appoints New Managing Director
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Oikocredit Sells Equity Stake in Microfinance Institution Financiera Confianza of Peru to Fundacion BBVA MicroFinanzas
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: NpM, Rabobank, FMO Promote Satellite Data to Help Farmers Improve Yields, Access Finance
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Arise – Founded by Norfund, FMO, Rabobank to Invest in African Financial Services Providers – Buys 28% Equity Stake in Ghana’s CAL Bank from DPI
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Geodata for Inclusive Finance and Food; February 16, 2017; Rotterdam, the Netherlands
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: EFSE, Netherlands’ Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Rabo International Advisory Services Facilitate Capacity Building Plan for FED Invest to Support Farmers, SMEs in Rural Albania