Germany’s Invest in Visions Mikrofinanzfonds, a fund advised by Belgium’s Incofin, recently agreed to loan up to USD 5 million to Beige Capital Savings and Loans, a unit of Ghana’s Beige Group, which offers banking, pension, insurance and investment services. Among Beige Capital’s goals is to “be the [small and medium-sized enterprise] bank of choice across Ghana.”
As part of the process of considering further loans and an equity investment in Beige Capital, Invest in Visions recently issued a two-year loan of USD 2 million to the firm, which reports total assets of GHS 818 million (USD 205 million) as of 2015. The Beige Group reports total assets of GHS 1.4 billion (USD 350 million).
As of October 2016, Invest in Visions Mikrofinanzfonds has a fund volume of EUR 351 million (USD 370 million). Invest in Visions also offers “social impact bonds” and other forms of funding for renewable energy, sustainable agriculture and forestry, and other forms of social enterprise. Incofin manages seven facilities comprising assets valued at USD 800 million.
By the MicroCapital Team
Sources and Additional Resources
Information provided directly to MicroCapital by Incofin
Invest in Visions
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at: https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Incofin’s agRIF Raises $27m for Financial Inclusion in Agriculture from Investors Including AXA, KBC, Korys, Invest in Visions, MRBB
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Incofin Sells Equity Stakes in Microfinance Institution Financiera Confianza of Peru, Affiliate of Fundacion BBVA MicroFinanzas
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Incofin Sells 55% Equity Stake in Colombian Microfinance Institution Crezcamos to Its Founder, Mauricio Osorio
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Incofin Raises $6.5m from KfW for Fairtrade Access Fund, DRC-focused FPM
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Incofin Microfinance Funds Exit Equity Investments in Bolivia’s Banco FIE