Enterprise Development and Microfinance (EDM), a journal published by UK-based NGO Practical Action, has issued a call for articles for its December 2011 issue, “Investing in Microfinance Institutions”, which is slated to “explore key issues in microfinance investing” .
EDM is seeking articles covering a range of topics including “insights into how microfinance programmes might be run better…or what changes in policy are needed…analysis of how poor people manage their finances or their businesses…[and]…particular projects in a given country” .
Launched in 1990 as Small Enterprise Development, EDM is “aimed at practitioners and policymakers in the field of microfinance and enterprise development. Themes include microfinance institutions and their sustainability, poverty, impact on clients and producers, business development services, value chain development, and the business environment” .
The deadline for submissions is July 1, 2011. For more information or to submit articles you may contact EDM Editor, Clare Tawney, by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By: Alexandra Pattee, Research Associate
Sources and Resources:
 Enterprise Development and Microfinance Journal, Direct communications with MicroCapital
 Enterprise Development and Microfinance Journal, “Instructions for Authors”, Submitted directly to MicroCapital
Enterprise Development and Microfinance Journal website, http://www.practicalaction.org.uk/enterprise-development-microfinance-2
Browse the MicroCapital Universe and add your entry to the wiki at: https://www.microcapital.org/microfinanceuniverse/
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network’s (GIIN’s) Scaling Impact Investing: A Conversation Among Senior Leaders; September 18, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Impact Investing Conference: Addressing Climate Change and Social Development; April 26, 2017; Kirchberg, Luxembourg
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Impact Investing: Mainstreaming Purpose-Driven Finance; February 15, 2017; New York, USA
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: CGAP Accepting 2017 Photo Contest Entries Through September 29
- MICROFINANCE EVENT: Global Impact Investing Network (GIIN) Investor Forum, December 7-8, 2016, Amsterdam, the Netherlands