The Advans Group, which operates a network of 10 microfinance institutions from offices in France and Luxembourg, recently opened the first branch of Advans Myanmar in the city of Amarapura. Advans Myanmar is offering loans of up to MMK 1 million (USD 740) to groups of three to six traders and salaried workers.
As of February 2017, Advans Group reported a loan portfolio of EUR 712 million (USD 779 million), a deposit portfolio of EUR 360 million (USD 393 million) and 757,587 clients served in Cambodia, Cameroon, Cote d’Ivoire, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Ghana, Myanmar, Nigeria, Pakistan, Tanzania and Tunisia.
By Phoebe Rorke, Research Associate
Sources and Additional Resources
Advans Myanmar welcomes its first clients!
Do you know that MicroCapital publishes the MicroCapital Monitor newspaper each month? Find out more at https://www.microcapital.org/products-page/.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: European Investment Bank (EIB) Provides Credit Lines Totaling $101m for Equity Bank, HFC to Support Microfinance in DRC, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Dragon Capital, Ruby Hill Launching Microfinance Institution in Myanmar
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Senegal’s Banque Régionale de Marché to Launch “eCFA” Digital Currency
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: After Launch in Tanzania, Ecobank Mobile App Available in 33 African Countries
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: World Bank Providing $130m for Financial Inclusion Effort in Pakistan