Bellwether Microfinance Fund (BW) recently received an investment amounting USD 2.4 mm from Nederlandse Financierings-Maatschappij voor Ontwikkelingslanden NV (Netherlands Development Finance Company) (‘FMO‘). Bellwether, founded in 2005, is committed to investing in the equity of Microfinance institutions (MFIs) in India. In addition, as of June 2006, Bellwether had total assets of USD 6 mm. Bellewether does report to the MIX Market, the microfinance information clearinghouse, but no other information is publicly available about its financial performance. Founded in 1970, FMO was set up especially to provide financial services to developing countries. Likewise, FMO does report to the MIX, but no financial information about the institutions’ performance is currently available. The partnership between Bellwether and FMO hopes to increase the availability of much needed Equity financing to microfinance institutions throughout India.
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: FMO Lending $3m to Philippines’ Microfinance Institution One Puhunan
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: The Netherlands’ FMO Issues $568m Bond to Finance Green, Financial Inclusion Investments
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Arise – Founded by Norfund, FMO, Rabobank to Invest in African Financial Services Providers – Buys 28% Equity Stake in Ghana’s CAL Bank from DPI
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: FMO Provides $10m Credit Facility to Agrofértil of Paraguay for Agricultural Input Financing
- MICROCAPITAL BRIEF: Netherlands’ FMO Issues $344k Convertible Loan to Umati Capital Kenya, Fintech Funding Agricultural Value Chain Actors